Derry Well Women is inviting applications for the post of Creche Co-Ordinator. The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd February at 12 noon.
Registered with the Western Health and Social Care Trust, the Creche provides short time child care to mothers attending a broad range of programmes and courses including Counselling and Mother and Baby Programmes.
About The Post of Creche Co-Ordinator
Derry Well Women is a Health Centre for Women and Children. The post of crèche co-ordinator is for 30 hours per week on a 27 month contract, with a starting Salary of £17,210, plus Pension.
The creche is dedicated to providing a welcoming, attractive and stimulating play environment. Through play we work to help the physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of all babies and toddlers. Our crèche aims to:
- Encourage children to gain early independence by managing apart from their parent/carer for a short time
- Assist children to develop a sense of their own identity and positive self regard
- Provide children with life enhancing experiences which contribute to a positive start in their lives
- Support the positive development of the mother/baby relationship
Essential Criteria For The Post of Creche Co-Ordinator:
Applicants for the post of crèche co-ordinator must meet the requirements of the post by having the following experience, qualifications and training:
· A Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Children’s Care, Learning and Development.
· 2 years Leadership experience including supervision of staff and volunteers in the last 5 years, working in an Early Years setting with children 0-5 years.
· Paediatric First Aid Certificate – which must be current.
· Current training in Safeguarding Children
· Health and Safety Certificate – which must be current.
Further Information About Our Creche
A wide range of structured and free play opportunities are provided. We provide a variety of equipment, materials and activities for different ages and stages along with multi cultural and diversity toys which enable the children to explore diversity. We provide a wide range of recycled materials to encourage heuristic play. Parents receive a small development booklet which shows in picture and story how each child has developed during their time in the Creche.
We have a small garden where children can gain first hand experience of growing fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers. Children are also able to enjoy outside play using natural materials.
Our Creche promotes healthy eating for children, and we provide a variety of fruit options.
Maintaining Best Practice
Our creche is registered with and regularly inspected by the Early Years Team, Western Health & Social Care Trust. Our creche is a member of the Early Years Network and has an Early Years Advisor. Staff continualy update on latest thinking and training in childcare. ( http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/early-years-teams or www.early-years.org )
Policies and Procedures
Our Policies and Procedures are provided to parents in both hard copy and CD. All parents receive a Creche booklet which includes guidelines on child safety within the Creche.
Application Details for Post of Creche Co-Ordinator
Application Form, Job Description and Personnel Specification may be obtained from:
Derry Well Women,
17 Queen Street,
Telephone Number 02871360777
- The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 2nd February 2018 at 12.00 Noon
- Interviews will be held on Thursday 15th February 2018
- This position is supported by BBC Children in Need