At Derry Well Women our approach is holistic, based on the belief that our well-being is determined by a combination of physical, emotional, spiritual, mental, social, political, economic and environmental considerations.
In addition, we:
• Listen… and treat women in a gentle, friendly and respectful way.
• Support women to take control of their own lives.
• Believe healing is most effective when each person can choose their own method, pace and support systems.
• Offer total confidentiality
• Provide choices to encourage women to find their own answers and we are committed to creating the conditions in which women can heal themselves and grow.
• Encourage all women involved in Derry Well Women to take our own needs for rest, recreation, stimulation and care seriously.
• Don’t create dependence on counsellors or group facilitators.
• Recognise the oppression of women and allow women to explore this and act.
• Encourage women to tell us what they think of our services and to become involved as part of the overall healing and growth of women.
• Embrace the Health for All principles of equality, participation, empowerment and partnership.