Assertiveness – A Guide to Personal Effectiveness
Course duration—6 weeks
Have you ever found yourself saying yes when you wanted to say no or you knew what you wanted to say but just couldn’t or were unable to say it?
Have you ever said or done something in an aggressive manner that you regretted afterwards and felt annoyed?
This six week course will help you to:
Handle these types of situations in an assertive way and be more effective in your personal work and social life. Assertiveness the ability to express your feelings, wants, opinions and beliefs in a manner that is neither threatening nor punishing to others and enables you to stay calm, focused and respectful when communicating.
The course is held on Tuesday mornings and covers the following areas:
- Recognition of passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Identification of the short and long term effects of each type of behaviour on self and others
- Rights and responsibilities
- How our thoughts and emotions can influence our behaviour
- How to say no and mean it
- How to ask for what you want without feeling guilty
- How to handle ‘put downs’
- How to identify what you want out of like and how to get there
Facilitator: Nuala Doherty
For more information or to book a place, please contact Derry Well Women on 02871360777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org