Vacancy for post of Creche Co-Ordinator
Derry Well Women is inviting applications for the post of Creche Co-Ordinator. The closing date for applications is Monday 26th February 2024
Registered with the Western Health and Social Care Trust, the Creche provides short time child care to mothers attending a broad range of programmes and courses including Counselling and Mother and Baby Programmes.
About The Post of Creche Co-Ordinator
Derry Well Women is a Health Centre for Women and Children. The post of crèche co-ordinator is for 30 hours per week Funded to 31st October 2024, with a starting Salary of £20,695.20 including Pension.
The creche is dedicated to providing a welcoming, attractive and stimulating play environment. Through play we work to help the physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of all babies and toddlers. Our crèche aims to:
- Encourage children to gain early independence by managing apart from their parent/carer for a short time
- Assist children to develop a sense of their own identity and positive self regard
- Provide children with life enhancing experiences which contribute to a positive start in their lives
- Support the positive development of the mother/baby relationship
Essential Criteria For The Post of Creche Co-Ordinator:
Applicants for the post of crèche co-ordinator must meet the requirements of the post by having the following experience, qualifications and training:
· A Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Children’s Care, Learning and Development.
· 2 years Leadership experience including supervision of staff and volunteers in the last 5 years, working in an Early Years setting with children 0-4 years.
· Paediatric First Aid Certificate – which must be current.
· Current training in Safeguarding Children
· Current Health and Safety Certificate
· Current Food Hygiene
Further Information About Our Creche
A wide range of structured and free play opportunities are provided. We provide a variety of equipment, materials and activities for different ages and stages along with multi cultural and diversity toys which enable the children to explore diversity. We provide a wide range of recycled materials to encourage heuristic play. Parents receive a small development booklet which shows in picture and story how each child has developed during their time in the Creche.
Our Creche promotes healthy eating for children, and we provide a variety of fruit options.
Maintaining Best Practice
Our creche is registered with and regularly inspected by the Early Years Team, Western Health & Social Care Trust. Our creche is a member of the Early Years Network and has an Early Years Advisor. Staff continually update on latest thinking and training in childcare. ( http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/early-years-teams or www.early-years.org )
Policies and Procedures
Our Policies and Procedures are provided to parents in both hard copy and CD. All parents receive a Creche booklet which includes guidelines on child safety within the Creche.
Application Details for Post of Creche Co-Ordinator
Application Form, Job Description and Personnel Specification may be obtained from:
Derry Well Women,
17 Queen Street,
Telephone Number 02871360777
- The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 26th February 2024
- This position is supported by The Pathway Fund and BBC Children in Need