Long Covid Restorative Yoga Classes
This 8 week programme which is delivered via Zoom runs on a Wednesday morning or evening
Aim of restorative yoga class for long covid:
- Each class will begin with a gentle breath awareness including strengthening of the diaphragm muscle after covid.
- Seated or lying gentle supported stretches held for 2-3min.
- Stretches specific for muscles which may be affected by covid e.g intercostals in lungs, shoulder/neck pain.
- Stretches and breathing exercises aim to lower heart rate allowing the body to rest to aid strengthening of immunity and balance of all bodily systems.
- Deep relaxation and rest in restorative yoga can help improve fatigue levels, reduce pain and improve sleep quality.
- Peer support of people experiencing longer term symptoms from covid.
- Safe, supported space for you to rest and recover.
Contact Derry Well Women for more information regarding Chronic Illness Management