Our mental health and wellbeing is the emotional and spiritual resilience which enables us to enjoy life and to survive pain, loss and disappointment. It is a positive sense of wellbeing and an underlying belief in our own dignity and worth and the dignity and worth of others. At Derry Well Women, our mental health provision works to build resilience at three levels:
- Firstly, by supporting healthy structures to be developed at community and political levels through building healthier communities promoting the interrelatedness of child/family/women’s health strategies, bringing communities and women together with service providers to effect positive change, such as our Social Inclusion programmes .
- Secondly by building social supports and creating strong social networks for excluded groups and isolated groups, such as The Young at Heart Group for women over 60, the LGBT group, the Fibromyalgia Support Group, and our cycling project.
- Thirdly by increasing emotional resilience and resourcing our inner world through positive interventions and services such as Thought Field Therapy, Mindfulness, CBT, Living Life to The Full; Confidence Building; Self Esteem and of course counselling.
Our services to promote positive mental health and wellbeing include:
- Counselling Services
- Coping with Anxiety and Depression Programme
- Mindfulness Classes
- Assertiveness: A Guide to Personal Effectiveness
- Actions for Happiness A CBT Programme
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Everyday Use
- Confidence Building Classes Self Esteem Programme
- Journey to Inner Peace Programme